Are you overweight? Are you diabetic or borderline diabetic? If you are, you are probably looking for a long term solution to help with diabetes recovery.
The first step toward reversing your diabetes is to accept the fact that you did this to yourself through the food choices and lifestyle choices you have made up to this point in your life. It may be difficult to accept this, but once you do, you will be in a much better position to make a change.
Now you may be thinking that your first move is to lose weight. And while there are a lot of healthy weight loss programs available to help with diabetes, none of them are a long term solution. They are a short term fix, until you decide to stop the program, and then it is very likely you will put the weight back on.
The only true way to lose the weight and keep it off is to get diabetes weight loss help from a professional, such as a holistic doctor or health coach.
Once you accept that you are in control of your health destiny, then you can finally begin taking steps toward reversing your diabetes for good.
- Cut out all processed, packaged foods. Yes, it will be difficult at first, but in order to heal your body, you need to stop eating all the toxic foods that are damaging it. Processed foods are highly refined, full of junk ingredients and contain very few nutrients of any kind.
- Eat more of the good stuff. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, legumes, dark, leafy greens, and some whole grains, are extremely good for you. These are the foods that you should be consuming 90 to 95 percent of the time if you want to heal your body and reverse your diabetes.
- Get moving. Proper ways to loose weight include moving your body regularly in whatever way you can. Exercise, go for a walk, turn on some tunes and dance in your living room. Whatever you can do to move your body more often.
- Reduce your stress. As mentioned above, stress is a huge factor that can cause someone to hold onto weight, even when they are eating better and exercising. Stress is the number one reason people do not lose weight. You can reduce stress by meditating, exercising, doing deep breathing or finding other ways to unwind.
- Get support. Losing weight and keeping it off can be difficult if you are going at it alone. But when you have a support system of some kind, like a friend who is also trying to get healthy or a weight loss center boca raton, it makes it easier to stay on track. Get help with diabetes recovery and you will be amazed at how easy it is to reverse your disease.
Please note, this article is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a doctor. Please be sure to see your doctor before you make any changes in your health and wellness. Find more.